Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shutter/Shudder



I am nervous. We just realized that a budget wedding just doesn't allow for room for the real deal: a professional photographer. We met last week with a friend/former co-worker who has of late, been expanding her picture-taking talent into a full-fledged wedding photography business. We can't afford her. While she is, no doubt, worth every cent, we may just have to rely on the kindness (and creativity) of our friends to capture our moments. We may have a few more tricks up our sleeves, but more dish on that topic once we've explored our options.

I do love the idea of setting up a photo "booth" where guests pose for their own pics against a make-shift backdrop. It's been done quite well in other weddings, like this one I found on a fellow budget bride's blog. Our best bet would be an old Polaroid, but since they stopped producing the film, it may be tricky (and expensive). Anyone have an old Polaroid (+ film) for sale?

While I trust that my over-zealous camera toting friends will take far too many photos (delightfully), I am concerned that we may miss out on some classic (yet fun) couple pics.
I shudder to think of a mess of dunk people attempting to catch those picture perfect moments. I love these so much:

7 comments:

  1. remember the photo shoot? we could soooo do this. my camera was put into the washing machine so i'm getting a new one .... i will definitely need subjects and the help of our crew!!!! photo shoot photo shoot photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm i have a Polaroid camera- that you are more then welcome to use! obvi!
    i've got extra film too... but i know you can get it at henry's cheap and i might kinda have a hook up there!!!
    yay for polaroids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep showing everyone that backdrop thing.. cuz i creeped the blog when you started yours lol It's soo cute!! I have a friend with a professional camera. and even if you don't invite us I can come use the camera and take pictures? Lemme know. (Although i'm not a pro photographer I promise not to get drunk!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LEX - would LOVE to borrow your polaroid!! eep! I will buy film at Henry's. thanks so much!
    Miranda, we'll keep you in mind! thanks xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have fallen in love with these wedding photographers. probably too much money, but i love their photos: http://hrmphotography.com/blog/

    - caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can often post notices at colleges and universities for art and photography students to take pics...often they are FREE or VERY low cost .... it gives them a chance to plump up their portfolio AND you get wedding photos. AND the bonus is you won't get the traditional stuffy old photographer...with the silly poses! - kp

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a polaroid that you can totally use too.

    Also, V and I both have fancyish cameras that we use any excuse to use and neither of us will be drunk!

    ReplyDelete