Sunday, March 8, 2009

Short and Sweet (and often).


Modern Bride's Feb/March 2009 issue suggests that brides blog about their weddings. They also advise to "write often" and "keep posts short". Oops.

So this is a guilt blog, being hastily written at 12:21 am on Sunday night, because I haven't been writing often. I will try to keep it brief. I should be in bed, but during an attempt to hit the lights before midnight, I became distracted by Martha Stewart Weddings online planning tools. OMG. So I don't even have a venue yet, but I am already on my way to a seating plan! So addictive. After working with my $18 wedding planner (ahem, my new binder) today, I discovered that it may have been in vain. To think, I can now sign into my wedding planning from anywhere, without toting around a stack of paper. Yipee! Ooh, i think that's one point for us in the eco-friendly department - less paper.



Venue UPDATE: Our road trip is just a week away; next Sunday, we visit 4 venues with the hopes of nailing one down. We have our eyes on a waterfront property near Kingston. There is a barn for use that I am already imagining adorned in tealights and big paper lanterns... *sigh* While I can easily drift into a romantic haze, there are more um, practical considerations to make: there are apparently outhouses near the barn, in addition to the washrooms in the house (a bit of a walk from the barn, it seems). Now, I'm not fancy, but just imagining white flats and chiffon in an outhouse makes me a tad nervous. Scoping out other options today, I found an Onatrio portable toilet company with "executive" models that are lit, have flush toilets and running water. They actually look like little powder rooms. Best part: they operate on solar power!

That makes it two points for Mother Earth today. As for Father Pocketbook, I'm not sure that executive solar toilets will be cheap...

No comments:

Post a Comment