Wednesday, March 11, 2009

*whew*

My fears that we were not really being that productive have been abated by the whirlwind of wedding activity that has swept me up this week. We have:
  • Booked 4 appointments to see venues on Sunday
  • Made Friday lunch plans with a coworker who has a side business in baked goods catering (organic truffles anyone?)
  • Made coffee plans for next week with a former coworker/friend who now has a side wedding photography business (we're going to try to keep it mostly digital, to tread a little more lightly on the earth)
  • Collected decor inspiration from magazines and the web... we're currently noodling some DIY and cheap options for table arrangements
  • Organized the wedding binder (*swoon* I heart my label maker!)
  • Had an eye appointment and picked out new glasses. OK, so not really wedding-related, but productive. And, I am SO happy with them. Hot. Think: female Clark Kent meets sexy 60's librarian... in a smoky teal. *melting* AND they will look good with my potential dress, which brings me to the next point...
  • Narrowed down my dress selection! I'm leaning towards the sea foam green chiffon number. Trust me: it sounds like 80's prom, but it's SO not. The eco-factor: it's handmade by an indie US designer. Yay for supporting small (somewhat) local businesses
In other news, I spent two days at the stores (Pistachio) last week setting up the new wedding promo tables. Lots of great eco-options for favours, and with a 30% discount to boot.


[ Weddings at Pistachio; 2433 Yonge and Yorkdale Mall ]

2 comments:

  1. I will be at Yorkdale next wednesday (before the Brit concert) I will be checking out your store AND your display!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww such a good display! i wish I was that talented!! ps youre wearing a coloured dress? very original!

    ReplyDelete