Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My body hates me. I am sure of it.


[perhaps we should refrain from such activities.]

I am overworked. I was not designed for this. My body tells me so.

On the ever-growing list of medical woes with which I am afflicted, recurring tendonitis in my wrists has been a major problem. Generally brought on from being overworked (it is aggravated by extensive "mou
sing" on the computer), it is typically my indication that I need to chill. It is flaring up at the moment, and I should not be typing, but I have neglected this blog for too long.

Work is insane, as usual, and no one told me that planning a wedding was a full-time job. Even one as low-key as ours. But it is. I have also been out of the picture for 3 days, attending a friends bachelorette. Much fun, but stressful knowing that work and wedding planning to-dos were piling up back here at home.


We have not made any major progress lately, aside from discussions and a few minor purchases. The guest list is almost final, however, and we have almost all of the addresses. Once my borderline arthritic wrists calm down, i will update my ridiculously anal guest spreadsheet. Some major hurdles for us (and items that need to be put to bed ASAP): chair/tent rentals, an officiant, and finishing the design of the Save-the-dates.


Ack, my wrists are protesting already. I must go rest and fret about being just over 5 months from the big day. But, if I don't take it easy, I could render myself fully incapacitated. 3 days of delay in planning could really be a plus. While hubs-to-be is very handy, I think the ribbon tying and finicky "pretty" details should be left to me. And I'll need healthy joints for those tasks.

Alex knows that he's marrying an 80 year old. Luckily, his "dowry" includes a creaky back and not-quite-ever-healed ankle. Match made in heaven, I tell ya.

3 comments:

  1. team wedding! alert! alert! alert!
    ummm miss tendo-... the tying and prettying of things is where we come and save the day! That's why you have US!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously!!!!! use us!

    my wrist used to do the same thing - 2 months of therapy and i have yet to feel the burn from typing or knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to say... I can tie ribbons!

    ReplyDelete