Saturday, April 18, 2009

Favours and Flavours: update!


I am so inspired by cleverly executed DIY weddings. I only hope that we can pull it off, too. Just a few images to share, that have inspired me lately, courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings and Once Wed:



I was delighted to find these last images below, as just recently we had settled on our favours: jam! I have personally never made the stuff, but my mom does it successfully every year. That doesn't necessarily mean it's easy. Sure, I can find my way around a kitchen, but if my pastry is any indication, I certainly did not inherit my mother's natural culinary gift.
And so, to take the pressure off, I have roped my mom into helping me with this little project. We're going to take to the fields in July to pick some local strawberries, as well as rhubarb from her own yard. Add some organic sugar and pectin, and voila - inexpensive and earth friendly favours!

While in Canadian Tire today, I picked up little Mason jars for the job. With a bit of fabric (I have oodles) and some pretty ribbon, I have a feeling that these will be dynamite! The images below also show a centrepiece that includes apples. I had already imagined including some of the granny smith variety in our décor somehow, so it's great to see it done so well.


2 comments:

  1. aww that's a ridiculously cute idea!! I love jam and I LOVE apples lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried to convince my uncle to do jam but he said no. i think it's the cutest idea ever! he's going with my second suggestion- tea pots

    -kristina

    ReplyDelete