Monday, April 27, 2009

The "Three Dress Bride"


I had never heard of this term, prior to beginning my search. I suppose it's an occurrence common enough to warrant a widely used term. Does this make me feel any better about my own flakiness? No.


Yesterday, we saw this dress in an ad:



I commented that it was pretty much exactly what I wanted in a wedding dress. Shemeena found the very same dress on a blog today, and I looked up the designer (Naeem Khan). Much to my dismay, while the dress IS available in Canada, it is well over $2000. That's 1/5 of our whole budget!

The dress I actually bought is pretty much the polar opposite/arch nemesis of this one. I do love it, though... do I? Arghhh. I just found another one that I love on ebay today. I am tempted to buy it. Either way I can return the one I have, or resell the ebay dress. The wedding dress exchange site (Once Wed) that i now visit daily seems to be a great tool - the inexpensive frocks always fly. But, I would then be a "Two Dress Bride", and counting. I have come down with Wedding Fever. What is with this ridiculous day, and its power to change perfectly rational people into raging lunatics? *sigh*

*serenity now* So, IF I keep Dress #1 (a name by which it will be referred going forward), I am going to need to forfeit the messy waves for a polished updo. I will be hitting up my Kingston expert, Kim, for some great salons. Do you think I can pull this off (sans tiara)?


No comments:

Post a Comment