Sunday, April 12, 2009

Check!

Two big red checkmarks for the to-do list:
  • Booked the officiant (thanks Kim, for the tip!)
  • Purchased a domain name for the wedding website
Going the next step on the latter, I flexed my under-worked HTML muscles and began a design for the site. I am quite rusty, it seems. so far, the site is fairly crude, I'll admit, but it will serve its purpose. Sheesh, my $20,000 art school education must be useful for something!

We also discussed the possibility of sharing resources with our friends who are to be married on August 1st. We realized that we may actually be able to save a chunk of change if we purchase dishes, etc and split the cost, as opposed to renting these items. It could be a logistical nightmare, but if it saves us a bit of money I'll give it a shot.


Last night, we had an engagement party, of sorts. Really it was Alex's birthday, but we threw in the engagement as an afterthought. Unfortunately, we picked Easter Weekend when 5/6th of the Toronto chapter of my wedding squad was out of town. On the upside, our bleak mismatched wine glass collection reminded me of another must-have for the registry!

1 comment:

  1. I found this blog today and loved the style and thought I would pass it on to someone who can make use of it perhaps?

    http://100layercake.com/blog/

    sorry if you have already been there.

    ReplyDelete