Sunday, April 26, 2009

*butterflies*


EEK! I bought a dress! Not the one below, mind you ;) Oh c'mon, it would spoil the surprise!


[ Milly Fall 09 Collection ]


3 girls, 2 hours, and one power breakfast = dress success! It's white (oh) and simple (my) and very classic (dear lord). But I feel so Jackie O in it. A fellow shopper (ahem, complete stranger in the fitting rooms) asked, upon spotting me in the dress, if I was getting married in Paris. Lady, keep it coming. Maybe a little lightheadedness was involved in the decision to purchase. The dress is a Milly of New York, and I came in under budget! So, what's an unconventional girl to do with a conventional dress? Why, accessorize, of course! I am excited to shop for tights and jewellery and bits to really knock it out. OK, I love to shop.

Still though, whether it's buyers remorse or just the product of my indecisive nature, I may be experiencing the first pangs of doubt...

We just rented Bride Wars (no, don't). The big flouffy-pouffy dresses in the film made my stomach flip-flop and swim with butterflies, as if I suddenly had the wardrobe version of cold feet. As if I actually wanted the creampuff mountain of tuile! Oh dear. *I will NOT be a three-dress bride, I will not be a...*

2 comments:

  1. no you didnt! I love that you considered a creampuff, even if it was just momentarily. don't worry - our eventual trip down to spadina will either cure you straight off or push you over to the dark side. needless to say, we need to get on that in the next 14 days!

    SS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fourteendays...
    my calendar is open...
    you know i love giving my opinion...
    hehehe!

    ReplyDelete