Monday, May 11, 2009

No news is good news.


[ from: http://www.elizabethannedesigns.com ]

Ooh, I guess it's been longer than I thought since my last entry. Yikes! But, I will blame my lack of writing about wedding planning on actual wedding planning. Yes, I suppose I could be accused of "all talk, no action", but no more! We are really on track now, and I actually have something to write about.
  • We took a trip to IKEA last week to do some price comparison. Along with a friend who is also getting married this summer we were weighing the benefits of purchasing and sharing dinnerware, etc. rather than renting. In the end, although slightly cheaper, we decided that not having to deal with washing post-wedding dishes was worth a few extra bucks. Renting it is. Also, while at IKEA, we picked up some paper lanterns and décor accessories (the above photo is somewhat of an inspiration, but I think we can do better!)
  • We've reached out to the the party rental company in Kingston, and have confirmed the availability of the items we need.
  • Finished the Save the Date cards (yay!) and should have them mailed by this week.
  • Set up gift registries at Crate & Barrel and The Bay (seriously, so fun)
  • Created a seating plan. Yes, it's quite early, but we needed to do the exercise to determine the number/size of tables needed before renting. Considering the tight fit in the barn, I have realized that we can't possibly stretch the guest list ANY further. How did we end up with 112? I thought we said small....
  • Researched transportation options for our guests (I "assigned" this one to Alex :)
I've made no progress on the dress dilemma since my last entry. I have one in the closet and one en route. Luckily, I have kept it at two, so far... With a super casual look in mind, I find I actually see wedding-potential dresses every time I leave the house. This could be bad.

In rock-star-future-husband news, the recording in LA has been pushed back YET AGAIN, and Alex will be away during July and August now. ACK!

p.s. we love this idea...now to find really really long drapes so that I can avoid another sewing project!


3 comments:

  1. LOVe it all! ahem ... you can always swing the sewing my way sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe use this post as starting point for cheap drapes? http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/chicago/how-to/how-to-hang-30-of-curtains-for-40--084387

    ReplyDelete