Sunday, May 17, 2009

We're online!


After some Friday night assembly line-style stamp and envelope licking, our Save The Dates are ready to be mailed. Finally. Of course, I am still missing one address... my nomadic best friend is missing in action somewhere between Helena, MT and Medicine Hat, AB.

Since I had added our website URL to the back of the cards, I figured it might be important to finish the site once and for all. I dedicated most of today to this task, and am done! My shaky HTML skills proved enough to piece together an informative website that's not entirely a design disaster.


In wedding dress news, I am disgusted to say that i am on dress #3. but i really, really think this is the one! A casual Saturday shopping trip to find sunglasses for my friend Tabor, turned into quite the expensive day for me. I picked up the dress in question at BCBG, while actually only looking for a dress to wear to my friend Kim's wedding in two short weeks. I am selling dresses # 1 and 2 on eBay this week, with no remorse. This is a good sign.

[ BCBG wedding dresses... but not mine. You'll just have to wait! ]

The newest addition to my tiny closet (that now has barely any room for Alex), is long and white, lacy and romantic. SO not what I had planned, but it's gorgeous. The only hitch? It has a thick black satin band under the bust, that is actually part of the construction of the dress. Black is not ideal for a country wedding, and I plan to flex my sewing muscles to alter it. I actually have to basically deconstruct the entire top portion of the dress. This scares me. I plan to replace the band with silver, white or just the right shade of blue/green silk if I can find it.

My little patent slingbacks certainly match, but I am not sure about how I feel about them with the new dress. I'm stuck wearing flats anyway (um, hi, I am getting married in the dirt), so I may just make them work.

I am vowing to put an end to this dress madness once and for all, but not until after Wednesday. You see, I am in NYC for work for the next few days, and if I just HAPPEN to fall in love with a JCrew number, I may need to act. Sheesh. Still, though, I love my dress. Alot. Barring any sewing mishaps, this baby could mark the end of the most energy consuming part of this whole planning process. whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment