Thursday, May 14, 2009

yet another dress blog.


[ dress #2 = strike 2?]

Oh dear.

How, oh how, have I fallen into this trap? If you ask my mother, she would say "*tsk*, typical." But I swear, I really swear, that I was not going to get caught up in the dress. You'd think this would be the utmost of importance to me, considering my love of fashion, but really, my wedding must-haves are:


  1. Marry for love (check)
  2. Have a great party (working on it)
  3. Tread lightly on the earth and our wallets (so far, so good)

Having the "perfect" dress and the "perfect" day are silly expectations when you're marrying the perfect man for you, and sharing that moment with music and food and the people you love. Right?

So, why then, after Dress #2 came in the mail finally, did a mini dark cloud suddenly hover over me? It fit like a glove (a tight-ish glove, but nothing a good active summer wouldn't cure), but didn't make me feel "Wow". It didn't say "I'm the one!". Dress #1 has been sitting in my closet ever since I picked it up. It was relegated to back-up dress when I purchased #2 online. In the back of my mind, I was always going to replace it, I think. Now I have one almost-there dress and one probably-not. Ick.

I am back obsessively hitting eBay, and Once Wed for another pre-loved wonder. I may keep one eye on potential Dress #3 while out shopping on Saturday.

*sigh* could my mother be right?

2 comments:

  1. its so cliche...but you will know...those aren't meant to be if you are thinking of others...same goes for the guy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother is always right! This reminds me of all those school mornings...."Mom, what should I wear?" Remember the frantic search for the perfect shoes?....we hit eight malls in two provinces before finding the perfect ones. In the end you always find the right thing to wear....and you always look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete