Sunday, July 26, 2009

Monsoon!


That's right Mother Nature, get it all out of your system before September.

[ Our backyard on Sunday ]

Our basement is flooded yet again, despite repeated complaints to the landlord. I mostly stuck around home last weekend to watch the rising water level in my house. Yikes. Of course this happens while Alex is 4000 km away (and enjoying perfect LA weather)! There is a lot of stuff in our basement now, as it has become Wedding Central. Keeping everything dry and above-ground has been tricky and a bit like a game of Tetris. It finally seems to be draining (or evaporating) as I can actually reach the washing machine without wearing rubber boots.


Please, please cross your fingers for clear skies for our wedding. While we will have a roof over our heads for the most part, the bathrooms are a bit of an outdoor trek, and the buffet will be in a separate area. Rain would be a slight annoyance. However, my dress would like mighty cute with my red Hunters...:)

[ it wouldn't be THAT bad if it rained... look at how cozy they are! Photo: David Purslow]

Maybe it's the weather, but the distance has finally started to get to me. (Come home soon!) Or maybe it's pathetic fallacy (that's the term we were looking for, Alex), and the skies are shedding tears for me. OK, that's just me believing in stars again. But, Alex comes home oh-so soon, and I hear that the weekend weather is looking up. Yay!

---

In other news, I have made strides. Yes, progress at last! This week I:
  • connected with the officiant
  • completed our marriage license application
  • reached out for quotes from caterers (this is my mother's only request, I think) and spent the last two days haggling details
  • chose a colour scheme and fonts
  • designed buttons for all of our guests and sent them off to be produced
  • rejigged the seating plan (on Martha's website) as the dinner location has changed and I need to see how many extra tables/tents we would need
  • purchased fabric for the jam jar tops (for favours)
  • designed printed and punched out labels for the jam - pics to come
  • purchased more paper samples for invitation print tests
  • worked on music

I shouldn't get too comfortable - still lots to do. Updating hotel info on the website and getting the invitations done should be my main focus. However, my current project is cupcake flags. SO not a priority, but I am really getting caught up in the fun things. Eep. Here is my inspiration c/o notepolish.com and weddingbeepro.com:


2 comments:

  1. i have those boots in pink
    -kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just could not go away your site before suggesting that I really loved
    the usual info an individual provide to your visitors? Is going to be back frequently
    in order to inspect new posts
    Also visit my webpage ... chicago bears jerseys

    ReplyDelete