Thursday, July 2, 2009

I don't think you're ready for this jelly.



Mom and I spent the past extra-long weekend checking another to-do off of my list:
Make 113 homemade jam favours for the wedding. Check!

Ingredients:
3 days
2 very determined women
113 mini mason jars
15 lbs of local strawberries (picked by me and Dad!)
10 lbs of rhubarb (picked from the backyard...by Dad!)
9 lbs of sugar
4 boxes of pectin
1 cup of lemon juice
A little heat and a lot of elbow grease


I saw this fantastic idea on a blog, and decided it was the perfect DIY wedding favour for a country wedding. While I'm sure I sensed a little "are you crazy?" in my mother's voice when I suggested the idea, she was more than happy to oblige. Considering I had NO idea what I was doing, this was a serious relief. The results might just be perfect. You'll have to call me during breakfast in October to confirm it, though.

OK, so the hard part is complete, but maybe my to-do doesn't quite deserve a checkmark. Just yet. You see, I've yet to pick a fabric and ribbon, and have not designed the hang tag. And then there is the assembly! It may finally be time to call on my helper elves. My wedding squad has been checking in, but until now I haven't had much to delegate. I am sensing that your time is coming, ladies!

1 comment: