Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Random Wednesday Thoughts


I love snail mail. it's another great reason to shop online (as if I needed another excuse). Yesterday, a swatch of the silvery linen arrived, and today: the vintage lace for my dress deconstruction project and bride/groom BBQ aprons. OK, so these are only teeny tiny Atkins-diet slices of the huge pie that is our wedding, but it feels like progress, and I am happy!

My future mom-in-law, who I can tell is oh-so excited about the big day, picked up some more old bottles for us (in addition to those that we found last weekend). We are almost set for centrepieces, except, of course for the flowers. I am also hoping to snag a deal on a few antique cheese boxes (as below) for my wheatgrass project. I am still determined to fit this in somewhere!


In other wedding news (not my own), our friend Kim is off with new hubby in tow on a Mediterranean honeymoon. I just returned from her Ottawa wedding feeling more optimistic about pulling off my own. It was really fun and Kim even had time to drag her cumbersome train around the dance floor a few times. I hope I can pull off the relaxed thing as well as she can. Seeing the event as a guest, and not the bride/organizer/scary dictator that I have become, I can see that people expect very little from you. They want to be fed, seated with people they like, shed a few happy tears, and maybe dance to a few songs that they wouldn't admit that they liked in any other setting. I should chill.

Congrats to Kim and Jamie, the newlyweds and soon-to-be new parents!
Congrats to Mel and Erick on their recent engagement!

3 comments:

  1. speaking of bottles - did you still want those beer bottles? i have 2 saved for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! i'll bring them to you next time i see you ... near future?

    ReplyDelete