Friday, June 12, 2009

Heaven on Earth


"Alex?"

"Uh huh?"
"I can breathe all the way in, in this place."
"Mm hm..."



Sometimes, in the city, I can go for days without taking full breaths. Unless, of course, Yoga is involved. Really though, I survive via hyperventilation. Maybe it's stress. This never quite occurs to me until I am miles away from the city, and have the strange sensation of completely filling my lungs.


We are getting married here, in this place that makes me sane just for a little while. I might never want to leave.



---

Alex left today. This day has been coming since we met; I have been amply prepared. After seeing him off on his way to the airport, I filled my day with a workout, 2 margaritas with a friend, and a good dig in the garden. I am really going to be OK! So, it is only now, as the sun drops and the house becomes eerily quiet (Dudley has finally stopped sprinting in circles), that I am suddenly feeling a bit sad. Fellow band-"wife", Becky, and I admitted optimistically that we both had big plans for our summer of singledom - I with my many fussy little wedding/garden/sewing projects and she with catching up with single friends. As busy as I make myself, though, it could be a long 27 days until my visit to LA.


Anyone wanna spoon?

3 comments:

  1. wow, so its finally here hey...

    does he have a laptop with him? V and I swear by ichat when he is longd.

    going to LA is v. exciting! how long are you going for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the band has a laptop - we plan to Skype if he gets any alone time with it!
    I'm gone for a week - July 11-19. eek!

    ReplyDelete