Monday, August 10, 2009

Ahhhhh, Freak Out!


Le freak, c'est chic?


Um, not in this case.

I am currently spending my sick day at home working myself into the seventeenth tizzy of the week over wedding this-and-that. My newly dubbed wedding Fairy Godmother (hallelujah, Tanya!) seems to be on the side of my mother in the case of Bride VS. M.O.B.: To cater or not to cater. OK, so my mother's advice should hold more weight than that of a person I have not really seen in 8 years. However, we are predisposed to initially reject our Mothers' wisdom, aren't we? At least that's how I am programmed. I called Alex in a panic (it's daily now) and admitted that if our last ditch attempt to avoid catering didn't pan out (hiring some of my sister's bartender and cook friends), we should break our budget and shell out the extra cash for some professional help.

*hangs head* You might win this one, Mom. How about a plea bargin: I plead defeated and you hold off on the "I told you so's"?


To cool my jets, I will now leave you with some inspriational images of perfectly-pulled-off picnic weddings. *Le sigh*:


Ahhh, much better.

Oh, I need 50 yards of cheap pale aqua or chartreuse gingham cotton or cotton/poly lightweight fabric. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Day-I have to fully support your mama on this one...
    maybe because I'm becoming more practical now that I too am a mama.
    You know I, of all people understand the DIY urge and the need to stay up til 6 am every night crafting until you get married, but please take my advice also. Cut yourself off for the actual day. It will probably be the only day in your entire life that all your nearest and dearest are under the same roof- or starlit canopy around a bonfire- however the case may be. They will all want to talk to you! One after the other and other. You only duty after exchanging vows should be wandering around with a glass of wine delighting in being the lady of the hour. You don't want to be worrying about how well done so-and-so wants this or that. Whatever you can do ahead of time- you should- you should totally go for it. But take the day off lady!
    I will check out our local wholesaler for the fabric- things are a bit cheaper out here I think.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz- DITTO DITTO DITTO!
    Please ms. dayna...
    let us/the hired help take care of things so that you actually remember and enjoy your day & guests with your new Mr.
    Believe in US!!!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I didn't mean to put the fear of God into you...no, actually I did. You need to listen to your mom. I'm only strongly suggesting it for your own good. It might have been 8 years since we have physically been in the same room, but I'm speaking from super recent experience and only have your best interest in mind. Honest!

    Maybe I'd better give Alex the Duke's number so he can help talk some sense into you...

    ReplyDelete