Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Disbanded.

It's been a mere two weeks since le grand question, and it appears that I had become quite accustomed to this engagement thing. In fact, my ring had became instantly comfortable in its new digs on my left hand. Unfortunately, it was a tad too large. Today, hubby-to-be and I returned to the little antique shop where he bought it, to get it resized. While there, I reluctantly submit myself to a simple sizing exercise and forfeit my ring. "How long?", I ask, cringing.

She - lovely shop owner who finds us amusing, somehow - tells me that we just missed "the guy", and I won 't get it back until Tuesday. Tuesday?!


Now my left hand feels numb, and strange. It's the ghost finger effect. It feels like it's there, but it's not, which freaks me out. And, I have to wait almost a WEEK to get it back? I'm proud of my new bling, and want to show it off. I have a girls night Saturday, which, in part, was intended to be a gushing session over my new status. Maybe not the same without the obligatory left-hand-grabbing and ogling? Well, at least I still have the man. He'll have to do this week, I guess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment