Saturday, April 24, 2010

This is it!

[ photo by Courtney Price ]
 
(Is it tacky that I stole the title of this post from MJ? It's just so epic.)

I promised a final post, and have been putting it off since September. Truthfully, it slips my mind for weeks on end. But, I am constantly reminded that this wedding business is not yet behind us. In addition to finishing the blog, I still have the following to-dos:

  1. We're not actually married yet. I haven't sent in the final paperwork to get our official marriage certificate. It peeks out at me from behind bills in our all-purpose in-out box.
  2. Only a third of our Thank-Yous are mailed; the box of empty notecards will not be ignored under my sewing table. No matter how much junk piles up on top.
  3. I use my new name liberally, but it's not legal. Explaining the married/maiden thing is exhausting, especially during job hunting when my email address is Winter but my resume is Murray. An official name change is huge endeavor: do you know how many bloody points clubs I belong to?!

Monday is our 7 month anniversary. Obviously, closure is necessary. And quick. So, in and effort to make the final checks on my list, I'll tackle the most fun: the second last post of this blog. Alex still insists on writing the last. 

I just bailed on a birthday party tonight, as I'm feeling a bit under-the-weather, and my "wing (wo)man" decided to pursue more single-friendly entertainment. It might rain, too. A perfect night for type-typing away!

Next: THE BIG DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment